Monday, December 30, 2013

Norris Dalton, is finally complete!

© 2013 Kyle Wiggins, All rights reserved.

About a year ago, I was talking to my neighbor Norris Dalton, while he was shoveling snow. I suddenly had an overwhelming desire to paint his worn, grizzled features. I ran inside the house, and came back with my camera. I shot some pictures and cranked out a couple of preliminary sketches. But with school and work, my cowboy portrait ended up on the back burner.


A year later, I have finally finished my cowboy portrait, and I'm actually quite happy with it. This is the first non abstracted portrait I've painted in a long time. My goal was pure realism. I wanted to portray the rugged, rustic quality of my model. A caricature wouldn't do him justice. Maybe I'll do a caricature of him for fun later.


Have a Fantastic New Year!


- Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment